Saturday, January 7, 2023

Happy New Year: Up Next on "A Slice of Kokomo"

 Happy New Year to all the food junkies out there!



2022 was my first full year running A Slice of Kokomo and sharing the stories of the town and a bit of myself with each pizza joint I reviewed. I learned a lot from the year, such as how to blow over a deadline and disappear into the muck for a couple of months, how to tell a story without really saying anything of use, and how to eat exorbitant quantities of gas station pizza in the name of science. I learned that there is a lot to be said about the pizza of our faire town, even if it’s just a bo-dunk city in the middle of nowhere. 


2023 is the year I get things right, though. While most people are out there swearing off sweets and swearing in fitness for their resolutions, I have committed to something a bit more enjoyable. I am going to get this blog into a rhythm. Once a month, I am going to highlight Indiana pizza places–primarily within driving distance of Kokomo, but not limited to the city–with other foodie-esque entries to accompany. These short snippets won’t be as grueling to write as some of my posts, but hopefully they will bring you a good laugh and maybe even inspire you to seek out food you might’ve otherwise never tried. 


Who knows? Maybe this blog WILL be good for something, just not for our collective waistlines.


Each month, I will have a new pizza parlor to check out, starting with January’s pick: Home Plate Bar and Grill. This place popped up seemingly overnight as we transitioned from 2022 to 2023, so I feel it deserves the first try of the new year. I will have this up before the end of the month, but I will leave that deadline non-committal, as I have already proven to be wishy-washy on exact dates as it is.


To all those who read along, thank you and Happy New Year. To those just joining, enjoy some of the archived entries below; there are a lot of good pizzas in town. 


-Brandon


P.S.--If you have a pizza place of your choosing you want me to try next, drop the name in a comment on kokomopizza.com, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. 


P.P.S.--If you want to SUBMIT a blog entry of your own, please do! Email me your submission at brandon@kokomopizza.com and I may add it to my site. Please include all crediting info so I know how to thank you on the post.

No comments:

Featured Post

#PizzaGate: On Expertise, Truth, and Other Quaint Notions

It was only a matter of time before a can't-miss news story broke that incorporated three of my perennial obsessions: pizza, politics, a...